Wednesday 19 June 2013

Love a lie

There are so many things said about love, about how selfless it is, how it's meant to lift up your spirit, to keep you warm and safe, to protect you.
And yet, couples break up, they separate after decades of living under the same roof and sharing the same bed. They break up and leave marks on their souls, on their kids' minds. They break up and suddenly love is nowhere to be found; there's no longer selflessness but just an angry attitude from early in the morning, there's no more freedom of movement but just a permanent fear. You no longer feel protected, but assaulted with every single breath your partner takes.
And it's not fair that everything you said, everything you promised, everything you swore got scattered by the wind of change. 'Cause that's the main problem: people change. People change and feelings are forgotten.
But the thing is, maybe I'm silly and all, but I believe in love. And I believe in people. No matter how many times I've been hurt, no matter how many times I shed tears, I still believe. 
And so I found myself in love.
I love him. His hair, his nose, his lips, his fingers and not-so-perfect body. I love his laugh, I love his walk and I surely do love the way he stuffs his mouth with food while smiling. I love the way his voice made my heart stop bleed, the way it healed the ugly bruise on the muscle that was becoming too tired of pulsating. I love the way he looks when he's mad, the way he's silent when he's sad. I love the way he's good at everything, your Jake of all trades, and yet not perfect in all he does. I love the way he is obsessed with his things, the way he keeps them neat and clean.
I love his shadow more than I love the clouds on the sky during a torrid day.
And yet, I don't know him. I've never met him. Oh, he's real! Real like me, real like the smile he puts on my lips, real like the soft breeze. He's a stranger in this big, big world. But I love him.
Because he's always with me, every step of the way, protecting me. He's my red string for black days, the light in the darkness, the comforting warmth during the winter, my shoulder to cry on, my best friend, my secret crush, my obsession.
Isn't my love just a big lie?

No comments:

Post a Comment