Saturday 12 May 2018

game

like a game of hide-and-seek
we let the covers fall
once more,
one last time

for under their cover,
within their darkness,
our breaths are held in
just for one more second - 

and side by side,
we lay on the floor
ceiling above -
infinity

it is silence we've asked
silence we're given
silence
shh

and with closed eyes 
we draw:
the universe,
infinite possibilities

but none of us,
none of you,
none of me,
none

eyelids flutter open
staring into space
fingers drum along
the rhythm to kill

my ribcage open
you reach in
my screaming soul
pitifully whispering... mercy!

oh, how they twist
and turn
and break 
and burn!

your fingers,
knuckle deep sunk
claws,
forcing me open 

I keep my eyes closed
the sounds of the universe
covering my screams
and it burns

and I am water
I sizzle 
when you
sink

and you are fire
you tremble
when I
breathe

oh, the thrill of this,
this chase
where I am prey
and you, predator

until the sun rises
and my eyes open
and I, predator
eat you, prey.

No comments:

Post a Comment