Sunday 8 December 2013

Death of the Humming Bird

Wherever you are, I wanna go too...
Wherever you go, I wanna come along...

Through your eyes I saw the end of this love. I saw everything right from the beginning, but chose to stay blind. I saw everything written on sand, but chose to step on it. I believed I was strong enough to write my own ending, a proper one, a happy one, a distanced one...
In the darkest places, your voice was the only one that could twinkle like a star, bringing me faith, giving me hope.
When the water was high enough to swallow me, your hand was the only one strong enough to pull me out.
When the fire was closing like a ring around me and eyes were watching, you were one of the few that had faith in me that I'd manage through the ring without getting burnt...


In this whole world, I feel the safest next to you...
In this whole world, I feel the safest when you're around...

It was you that held me together when everything was falling apart, when I felt like dying and wanted to let go. And it was you who made me strong enough to realize that the story was getting not such a nice ending...
And now that I've come to this crossroads, I am to think if I am grateful or sad... 'Cause with a heart like mine, all glued back and broken once again, hate might destroy just about everything. And I don't want to hate you. I want to remember that just for a little while, I was beside you, I walked down the same path as you, I protected the place beside you for the one who's meant to be there forever - not me...

And now we got here, it's a one-way road...
And now we got here, what's there left to say?

In this world, there was one single song I now want to sing and make my voice heard in the suffocating crowd: for a little while, I was happy and I will find my happiness once again, away from you...

Du-ri-ru, du-ri-ru, it's like a humming bird,
Du-ri-ru, du-ri-ru, where should I go from here?

No comments:

Post a Comment